Do you need to eat? If so how much?
- Review your hunger signals, don’t get too hungry or you will eat too much, have a small snack if needed e.g. vegetable sticks or nuts
- Is it a sugar craving, eating an apple, or a few berries may help.
- Have a large hot or cold drink, you may just be thirsty
- Are you needing a snack or a meal? – if it’s only been a couple of hours since you ate, your blood sugar has dropped and you need a healthy snack, if it’s over four hours you need a meal
- Speed eating leads to over-eating
- Don’t eat unless you are hungry, not just because it’s meal time
- You don’t have to finish your plate, assess how full you are, you can save it and freeze it