Vegetable juice smoothie
Juice the following:
- 1/2 apple
- 1/4 medium cucumber,
- 1 stick of celery,
- handful of spinach,
- 1/2 inch of broccoli stem and/or a few broccoli florets,
- and anything else green!.
Place all above into a blender and add:-
- ¼ Avocado
- Coconut oil 1 dessertspoon (10ml) (Coconut Oil must have been kept in the fridge in order to blend well)
Blend everything until smooth. Pour and enjoy!
Berry Fruit smoothie
In a blender:-
- 1 handful of any berries – blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, blackcurrants etc
- Handful of ground almonds
- 1 tablespoon of Greek yoghurt
- Milk (coconut or rice or almond milk)
- Coconut oil 1 dessertspoon
Blend until smooth, pour and enjoy.
Coconut oil chocolate
This is a very palatable way to eat coconut oil and get a nice chocolate buzz at the same time.
- Warm up a pot (460grams) of coconut oil so that it just melts.
- Stir in a pot (125 grams) of raw cocoa powder or organic cocoa powder (more or less according to taste).
- Sweeten with 10 grams of Lucuma or Stevia. It mixes easily.
Pour into a plastic ice cube container to make bite-size cubes, place in fridge